Sunday, May 13, 2007

Yorkshire: where men are mums

Do you remember when you mum used to kiss you as a kid? You’d pull away and say “Mu-um!” Of course, this is all just a memory for me now. My mum has now replaced affection with criticism and abuse, as with all loving parents, I suppose.

Anyway, this Adil Rashid receiving a motherly kiss from his captain, Darren Gough. From the expression on Adil’s face – he feels about five.

Now, I would have liked to see Ray Illingworth kiss his team-mates. One by one. Maybe he’d hold their hand a little. Give them a flower.

Anyway, if the heavy petting route works, which it seems to for Yorkshire, then I’m not the one to stand in the way of consenting cricketers expressing themselves in public.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe...Mind you, my mum would have blown chunks if she'd seen the dislocated finger I got last season trying to take a catch on the boundary.

The worst thing is that chunks is the name of our family dog.

I'll get my coat.

The Atheist said...

A comment! It seems like a long time since I have had a comment here. Why that's worthy of a link!

My family dog was called Charlie. She got in a fight with a leopard once. Charlie won.

We never tugged her ears again.