Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Crowd chants

Does anyone know any good crowd chants?

I was talking to a friend who recently went to a Warwickshire match and they had a good one:

Who’s the Daddy?
Darren Maddy!
(Repeat)


Of course, the nineties will remember the following haunting battle cry:

Glouc-ester-shire nah nah naaa
Glouc-ester-shire nah nah-nah naaa


Perhaps the most feared is the Northern rallying call:

YORKSHIRE!
YORKSHIRE!
YORKSHIRE!


Accompanied by first punching and beer swilling.

Of course, the champions of keeping the crowd amused (annoyed?) is the Barmy Army. Weirdly loyal to the most useless touring team, they have kept up the spirits of many flagging fans. I will sign off with my favourite Barmy Army song, to be song at the Ozzlers:

In the town where I was born, there lived a man who was a thief

And he told me of his life, stealing bread and shagging sheep.

So they put him in the nick, and then a magistrate he went to see.

He said "put him on a ship, to the convict colony"

You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony

You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've contributed my own chant over at Flintoff's Ashes which is dedicated to the only Russian Asian playing cricket for England. Hope you enjoy it ;)