Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fletcher arrowed

Well, this morning I was going to write a big post about the English leadership, addressing both the coach and captaincy issue. But such was the momentum of the anti-Fletcher witch-hunt that Duncan Fletcher, the England coach, has finally jumped before he was pushed.


Oddly enough, I was going to identify instability as the main problem in the England camp. I was going to bang on about how the coming and going of captains, and changing of leaders generally was going to make English cricket worse.


Then I decided that I had a lot of work to do, and I’d blog later. When I returned, KA-BLAMMO Fletcher has announced his resignation. I am lost for words. So, I’ll vent what’s left of my spleen tomorrow. But, as a teaser, I’ll just say that the coach, good or bad, won’t make much of a difference.


On a final note, I, for one, will want to see the following features in the new coach.

  • Smiles more.
  • Is physical fit and even, to some people’s eyes, attractive.
  • Makes us win.

Is that so much to ask?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, a sexy, smiling winner... I'm thinking Warney!

(not that he does it for me but the British lasses seem to have it in for him)

The Atheist said...

After a quick survey of real, live women I'm afraid Shane Warne doesn't cut in with "British lasses".

Sexy cricketers...h'mmm, I'm thinking Kallis.

Phoar. Or did I mean "bore"?