Monday, April 23, 2007

I miss the cricket

Throughout the World Cup, people were moaning that the tournament was going on too long. “Two months!” They exclaimed, “That’s far too long!”

I didn’t think that. I thought it was great – I was going to have cricket coming out of my nose they’d by so much of it. And lo! It was everything I thought it could be.

Every afternoon, I’d snuggle up to the computer, just me, my work and Test Match Special wittering away in the background. The quality of my output rapidly slumped and my eyes got square – it was like my childhood all over again.

But, another innocent period of magic and hope has been ripped away from me. Today, there was no cricket. Not even county cricket. Not even weird Indian games that I only pretend to follow.

I feel lonely.

No comments: