Wednesday, April 09, 2008

AYALAC raises tone of Wisden

Simon Jones, pictured above, has been hanging around my house recently. He’s really looking forward to the new edition of the Wisden Cricketer.

It’s usually a flighty, even racy, publication, so he’s hoping for something a little more high brow this month.
As the rest of the England team gather around the latest copy, excitement builds: perhaps we could have some serious, hard-hitting articles on Andrew Strauss, perchance?

Ryan Sidebottom, however, is more interested in the poster of himself. You should see his bedroom. He’s mad for it, him.
What’s this? Simon Jones has found something to interest him. An article by AYALAC! Dominating the most important page of any self-respected magazine: page 22. The page of kings.

Alec Guinness gets a little jealous of a photo that isn’t of him.

Richie Benaud reads the whole piece. Because this is a photograph, you can’t see his vigorous nodding. But he is. Well, as vigorously as when Richie moves towards a bottle of plonk.

12 comments:

Rob said...

You are mad (and I quite like that).

http://cricket-forever.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure the tone of Wisden could be any higher - it's so high already it would be like the Bee Gees on helium.

Anyway, congratulations.

Jrod said...

Well done old chap.

Miss Field said...

Good work mate.

I am going to make a calendar of all you blog lads for next year and the profits can go to, well, me.

So hello, Mr April (or is it May? I don't actually read it).

Anonymous said...

Well done, old bean..

Sterling effort, on your part!

I'll have a little drink on your behalf.

John said...

awesome.

watch out, kerala. there is a celebrity on his way!

straight point said...

me fears are coming true...

first wisden...and next step is gonna be hollywood stdio...

take a bow atheist...cheers everybody...lets raise a toast for AYALAC...!!

Anonymous said...

AYALAC you cheekster! very well done. Also, nice wallpaper in your house!

Anonymous said...

If page 22 is The Page of Kings, how come I was on page 21?

I hankered after page 22, but 'twas you that claimed it. Well done. Well earned.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Congratulations. I like that the world of cricket journalism is slowly but surely being taken over by people who make plasticine models of cricketers.

.

The Atheist said...

Cheers all. When they give me awards, I'll be sure to mention you all.

So long as I don't get a better offer from someone who pays me to mention them.

Anonymous said...

Bravo Atheist. I shall use your new-found prestige to argue for more plasticine-based analysis in The Times. Nice touch with the leek (or was it a spring onion), too, but it seems fitter than the other Simon Jones